Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Hero

That's him... My Hero! Frank graduated in June from GMC with his Associate's Degree in History. He did this with a 3.9 GPA. The only B he made was in a summer session Statistics class! He also completed this monumental feat at the age of 39 while still providing for our family and doing more than his fair share with the kids. We are so proud of him! He is now a full time junior at Macon State College majoring in History Education. He took the summer off (at my request) and we celebrated his graduation with a trip to California.

Frank "grew up" in California and we loved seeing his old stomping grounds. We were able to spend time with his wonderful aunt, and even got to meet some of his cousins that he hadn't seen since he was Jake's age. The kids loved hearing about "Frankie". We did realize though, that Frank has actually lived longer in Milledgeville than he has ever lived anywhere in his whole life.

Frank has become very good friends with our Sunday school teacher, John, and they are golfing buddies now. He is serving on the Youth Pastor Search Committee at our church, and will be teaching our SS class this Sunday.

I've kept him busy around the house building a bedroom and bathroom in the basement for Jacob. He will be starting the media room renovation down there soon. I even convinced him to go running with me. I thought I could impress him with my new found athleticism. Hahahaha, he is running 2 miles at a time already and has left me in his dust!

Our family is so blessed. He is a great dad and a pretty good husband too! He forces me to lighten up when I take things too seriously, and he has a great big heart. He is strong enough to handle the things I can't, and loves me in spite of myself. I was only 18 when we got married, and I sure didn't know what I was doing, but God sure did when he gave me Frank!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Reminds me of that song "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes...I think the same way about Marc.

Of course, Frank was my hero that day this summer he fixed my AC! Thank God for Frank! HA!