Monday, September 6, 2010

Life, it is a Changing

The only thing constant in life is change. Change can be good. It can also be very scary. This has been a year of much change. Some of the biggest changes in 2010 have been relationship changes. One change has set forth a ripple effect of other changes.

I don't usually deal with change very well. I hold grudges and stew over my hurt feelings. I admit this, and I know it is very human and very wrong. Our Sunday school Bible study is on forgiveness right now. Talk about a divine intervention!

But there are positive aspects to change too. I have learned who my real friends are. A few genuine friends are much more precious than a crowd of people. We have made new friends and are really enjoying getting to know them better.

Frank and I have also become closer than we have ever been. After 18 years, our marriage is just getting sweeter and sweeter. Is he perfect? nope Am I? oh heck no! But I genuinely enjoy spending time with him like never before.

The kids are growing up, and their need for me is different than when they were little. Some parts of that change are great, others are scary. They are becoming more independent and I have to admit, it's great to be able to go to Macon for lunch with Frank without worrying about the kids! But it's also pretty sad knowing that Paige won't always come in to kiss me goodnight every night before she goes to bed.

Ugh, life, it is a changing, but I see that the good definitely outweighs the bad. And there is something else that is constant...God's love. His love for me hasn't changed. He knows the plans He has for my life, even when I don't. And they are more than I can ask for or even imagine.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work in us. Ephesians 3:20

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

It was great seeing y'all and spending a little time together today!

Chris, Lauren and Gage said...

Been thinking about you and Frankie a lot lately...Gage just celebrated his second birthday...there are SO many memories for all that yall did for us during that difficult time...SWIMMING POOL, money, phone calls, cards, care packages, prayers, and so much more. Thank yall for filling the gap...love you both!