Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Date Night 2.0

Tonight was Date Night. I met Frank over in Macon so that he didn't have to drive over there twice today. He used the quiet time to study for tomorrow's midterm so it worked out good. We went to Fish n Pig for dinner. This is one of the places Oprah ate when she was in Macon. We've been there a couple of times before. It is owned by the same people who own Jim Shaw's and Satterfield's BBQ. It is right on Lake Tobesofkee and there are tons of ducks and geese that hang out there. I had broiled shrimp and Frank had catfish filets. The best thing about this place is that they serve our favorite appetizer...boiled peanuts! After dinner we went to HH Greg to look at freezers and ended up spending more time looking at gas stoves. I hate our glass top stove, and Frank really wants a gas one. We are definitely just looking though, not ready to change it out. Then we went to Michaels. I am going to make a pumpkin topiary for my front door similar to Hollie's. I made one last year with my address numbers, but it didn't look as good as I wanted. As I was shopping for pumpkins, I remembered that I still have last year's pumpkins, and I really couldn't find but two shapes and needed three, so I decided just to buy some leaf garland and work with what I have. I will be working on that later in the week. We are going to have to adjust our date night because Frank will be working the lights and sound board for GMC's fall play and starts practices Thursday. He will have to work Tuesday nights, so I'm not sure what night will be our new date night. I do know we are going to keep this up though, because I really look forward to our date. I was plum giddy on the drive over to see him. And he's so nice on date night, lol. He didn't complain one time about traipsing all over Michael's with me. Can't beat that! Next week he has to plan the date...remind me not to complain when it involves a sporting goods store!

No comments: