Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Burger-less Burger

I have been dying for a hamburger. A good, juicy, bad for you hamburger. I tried the Boca burger thing, and it wasn't bad exactly, it just didn't have any real taste at all. Today Frank made burgers for him and the kids and I wanted one too! I thought about trying the turkey burger route, but at 4 points, didn't want to waste them on disappointment. Instead I got some portabello mushroom slices and sauteed them and used them as my meat. Oh wow. It was so good. REALLY. I made my hamburgerless hamburger just like I would a real one (without cheese) and served it on a zero point bun, and it was so daggone good! I happen to like mushrooms, so I'm sure that's part of it, but it was juicy, and messy, and perfect. Yay! I'm blogging with a pleasantly full belly tonight.

PS. Only 13 lbs to go!

No comments: