Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Paige and I rang in the New Year sleeping...at least I was, she claims she was awake but she was asleep when her daddy got home around 1. He was providing "security" for a special event downtown, and Jacob was having a big time at the youth lock in. Frank's parents and his aunt from California came for a visit yesterday. We haven't seen his aunt in 8 years, so it was nice. She brought us a big breakfast basket from Cracker Barrell and his parents brought us sausage and bacon from down home, so we will be having breakfast for dinner one night. (I don't want to spoil my family by cooking a big breakfast!) Frank smoked a pork shoulder all day, and I made macaroni and cheese, roasted potatoes, black eyed peas, and a big salad (for the greens). So we did have a sort of traditional New Year's Dinner after all. I even made blueberry pie for dessert. I am such a Betty Crocker...or Sandra Lee without cocktail time! Frank and Jacob are working this morning, and Paige is still sleeping. When she wakes up, I think we'll sneak down to the man cave and watch a chick flick while the boys are gone. Nevermind, I just realized I can't get her down the stairs on crutches! So I guess we'll watch a chick flick in her bed (I don't want popcorn in mine!) Happy New Year!

No comments: