Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to "Normal"

We are getting back to "normal" or at least as normal as it ever is around here! Paige is doing really good, and is going back to school tomorrow. She was probably ready today, and maybe even yesterday, but I was really expecting her to crash at some point. She did sleep 12 hours last night, but other than that, she is doing great. She says she has no pain, and the only way you know anything is wrong is the bright pink cast on her leg. She received a great balloon bouquet from her Aunt Caryn today, which included one of every type of candy bar known to man. We took her to Walmart and she was glad to get out of the house and very excited about buying colored sharpies so all her friends can sign her cast. Rick helped Frank this afternoon, then came to have dinner with us. Frank goes for orientation at GMC tomorrow, and registers for school. And in case you are wondering, Jacob is doing fine. I forgot about his ortho appointment today, so his braces are being pushed back until 2/5...and he's totally ok with that! He has a sharp new haircut and his little buddy Matthew is spending the weekend with us, so he's in fine spirits. And as for me, I'm going back to work tomorrow. Finally. Am I ready? Of course not, but it's a Friday, so it won't be too rough, and I am anxious to see those smiling faces again. I haven't seen any of my students since Christmas break...of course that's probably because none of them were hanging out in a hospital or dr's office! They all made cards for Paige, and I think that is the sweetest thing ever. I can't wait to hug every one of them tomorrow. I just wish I didn't have to get up so early to do it!

No comments: