Friday, January 16, 2009

Ah, The Weekend!

I am so glad it's Friday. It has been a very hectic week, with the tree demolition, the roof demolition/rebuilding, cooking for 5 every night with enough leftovers for a crew of 9 every day, and Frank being "gone" every night! I am exhausted. Frank started school, and he's working his real job, working on the house, and doing church stuff 3 out of 4 nights a week then coming home to do homework til 11 or 12. Tonight he took dinner to one of his best friends who was released from the hospital today. I really miss him. I feel like we have just passed each other all week. I don't begrudge any of the things he was doing this week, and they are all very important and necessary and I know all that, but I do still feel lonesome. I don't know if he is working tomorrow or not...at one time this week he planned to. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The roof is done! Frank's dad left about 7pm going back to Bainbridge. Frank and I have Monday out of school, but the kids don't. I am very excited about the prospect of hanging out doing nothing all day long in a quiet house. I am sure my husband can find 'something' to pass the time.

Paige goes back to the dr Thurs. We are going to squeeze a trip in to the American Girl Doll Store. She has invited her friend Tori to join us. I'd love for us to eat at their 'bistro'. I may have to send Frank to the food court during all this. I promised her lunch at Tara's tomorrow. Poor kid, she's had to eat home cookin' all week, it's killing her! Tomorrow it'll be quiche and tomato basil soup for her and she crab soup and something for me. Yum! I think this is going to be a really good weekend!

No comments: