Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Good Day

Today was a good day. I laid around until 10 am watching QVC beauty products for starters. Then Paige and I met two of my girlfriends for lunch. We sat at the table and talked for nearly 3 hours! It was so much fun! Later, we took Frank to shop for a laptop for his birthday, then ate at Sylvia's. Paige and I split an order of chicken alfredo...yummm! After we got home, I made a cheese ring and some cranberry coconut bars for a reception at church tomorrow. I made these bars at Christmas and they were sooooooooooo good! Here is the recipe (cuz I know everybody is dying for a recipe):

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or white vanilla chips
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup pecan halves
DIRECTIONS
Combine cracker crumbs and butter; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Gently spread over crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

And last, and certainly not least, I ended my good day laying in bed watching Gilmore Girls with my husband. :o)

No comments: