Monday, November 10, 2008

Women of Faith

Isn't this weather beautiful? This was a beautiful weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed being in Sunday school yesterday as a student. I really enjoy connecting with other women. I feel like I spend every waking moment with children and I spent way too long in a self-imposed isolation from adult female company, so I always enjoy just being with girls. One way that I "connect" with other women is through blogs. I hope you take a peek at the blogs I have on the side of mine. One in particular is MckMama. She is usually very funny, and has an amazing story of healing for her newborn son. But last night, she went totally in a different direction, and wrote a really deep entry. It goes right along with Sunday school and the sermons from yesterday, and it is about what we deserve vs.the grace we are given. Another amazing blog is Bring the Rain. If you read it from the start, you are going to need a box of Kleenex! Both of these ladies have been through horrible circumstances, but they praise God nonetheless. It encourages me so much to see women of faith like these...and like the ones that God has placed in my 'real' life. One of the many blessings that I have is the friendships of some fantastic, God-loving women. I don't deserve any of the blessings I've been given, and it's only through God's grace that I am so blessed.

1 comment:

steph said...

Woman of Faith? Look in the mirror. Now there's a girl who is really growing in Christ! Love ya' girl!