Saturday, November 15, 2008

Super Saturday

Today has been a good day. I slept until after 8, and stayed in bed watching tv until after 9. Paige and I went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday and shared a chocolate tall cake for dessert...the highlight of her young life! (We brought home half of our lunches so we could save room for dessert!)
She convinced me to buy her silver earrings with pink "diamonds" so be sure to compliment her if you see her wearing them. We checked out the Christmas decorations at Wal and K mart, but didn't find anything I could live without except for a beautiful footed "flared" trifle bowl which will make a great centerpiece bowl. I wanted some new books to read, but I've been spoiled by the ultra-cheap book store near Valdosta, and could not bring myself to pay $11.50 for a paperback that won't last me more than a few days. We decided to see if the public library was open at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon...and it isn't. We are home now, and I've got laundry to fold, and Paige has some pink diamond earring admiring to do. Frank and Jacob are playing golf in the youth tournament today. We're having tacos for supper! That's better than gourmet anyday for this group. I did see Sandra Lee making a delicious looking pumpkin bundt cake this morning that I'm thinking about for Thanksgiving. Hmm, I should go look up the recipe on foodnetwork.com...the laundry can wait!

No comments: