Monday, July 13, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday...

Well, it's my birthday too! Today has been a very low-key birthday...I spent most of it in bed watching daytime tv and on the computer. I did the bare minimum of chores, and didn't even get dressed until after noon. I wish I had a whole lot more of these days before I have to go back to work!
After the play last night, we went to Little Tokyo for dinner kinda/sorta for my birthday, but mostly cuz Paige wanted to go. Because I know Frank oh so well, I emailed him on his new blackberry to hint (very strongly) that I needed a cake for my birthday...I even specified Key Lime. Well, he didn't get the hint. He even went to the bakery to visit Becky today, and didn't get me a cake. When I found out there was no cake (and this is not my first birthday without a cake) I burst out crying. What a dork! But I couldn't stop. I came home and got in bed. He came in an hour later, and still no cake! He did have his leftovers from the bakery, 1 cookie, 1 donut, and half of a cherry thing. Uh, thanks Frank. He left to go to Monday night visitation, and he said he'd bring home ice cream since he messed up on the cake. Gee, thanks. I stayed in bed feeling pretty sorry for myself, and ordered pizza for the kids. About 9, I heard the dogs barking, and thought it was Frank, but it was Cindy, Becky and Matthew...with a cake AND petit fours! Frank had called Becky and begged her to help him out. :) Good Ol Frank! So we had cake and ice cream with my favorite peeps, and the day was saved! I also figured out I have PMS which partially explains the crying and pity party. Happy Birthday to me, from my dear Aunt Flo!

2 comments:

steph said...

LOL!!! That is hilarious becasue you sound just like me!!!! Glad your birthday ended happy! I still have a present for you so it's not over yet :)

Roxanne said...

Well, I figure the PMS explains the need for cake!