Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Retail Therapy

So I've really been feeling outta sorts lately. I have all these aspirations to do beautiful things, but I don't want to be bothered with the mundane stuff. Today I got a little retail therapy, and I do feel a little better. My house is still a mess, but at least I'm not wallowing in it.

I stopped by the mall to see if Penney's had a comforter I saw online in the store. They didn't. But all was not lost. I walked down to Belk's, and I got what I think were some great deals on some things I think I actually need.

I still hadn't bought my nephews a Christmas gift. I know, I know, I'm the worst aunt ever. But I haven't seen them, and we haven't exchanged gifts yet. We are going to in March when my sister comes to visit. So I had a little time to find something good. At Belk's today, I found something good. They had Chaps jackets 75% off! So I got them each a light jacket that they can still wear in spring for $17.50! Woo Hoo! Jacob saw them and wants one too, so I musta done good!

I also got two sets of sheets. King sized, 400 count deep pocket sheets for $29.99. We have one set of sheets that I like and they have been washed so many times that they wont stay on the mattress. I'm wishing I had gotten some queen sized for the kid's beds too, so I may run back by there tomorrow. (Please don't run to Belk's and buy my sheets.)

So, I still don't have the spotless, organized house that I want, and I still haven't done all the pretty stuff I want to do, but I do feel better after my retail therapy. A bargain does a body good!

No comments: