Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Treadmill Is Not My Friend!

So, I went to Run Fit in Warner Robbins and got new running shoes. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to run. Sharon is out of town, and Frank was at a skeet shoot, so I decided to hit the treadmill. I haven't been on the treadmill in close to two years. Back then, I did it for an hour a day each and every day with no problems. Yesterday was a different story.

IT HURT! My hair was soaked with sweat when I got off after 30 minutes/2 miles. I walk at 4 mph and started out trying to run at 6. HAHAHAHA! I barely made it 90 seconds the first "sprint". I backed off to 5 mph for the second "sprint" and only made it 60 seconds. I finally did another 60 seconds at 5 mph. But it was truly all I could do to finish the 30 minutes. I raised the incline a little bit and it actually helped with the shin pain I was developing.

I have never had shin pain in any walking/running I've ever done. Surely it can't be my brand new Brooks running shoes that were fitted to my feet! PLEASE don't let it be these wonderful shoes that I want to love so much! I'm blaming that blasted treadmill! I'm still having shin pain today. Not horrible, but it's there. The good news is that the ankle and rib pain I was experiencing earlier is completely gone! I think I'm taking today off from walking and am praying for a complete recovery before tomorrow's walk/run with Sharon. But I'm 6 for 6 at exercising. :) Woo Hoo!

No comments: