Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally...

I feel like blogging again! We had a great weekend, full of Christmas cheer, and I want to share it!
Friday night, we went to Jackson to see First Baptist Church's "Walk through Bethlehem". It was sooooo sweet! Not only was it a wonderful portrayal of the birth of Christ, it was amazing to see people who were so dedicated to put on such a huge undertaking. It was COLD! and there were all of these people serving Christ without complaint. From the ladies at the registration table, to the ladies serving cookies and hot chocolate, and all the actors in between, they were a great example of the body of Christ working for one purpose.
After the "Walk through Bethlehem", we went to eat at Buckners, and had the best fried chicken I've had in a long time...if ever. MMMM, I forgot how good the pulley bone piece is! It was a long, stuffed, ride home, but a wonderful night spent with wonderful friends.
Saturday, we went shopping in Macon. Frank took the kids, and I went to Ulta all by myself, and looked, and looked, and bought a little bit too. They went to Dick's, and snuck off somewhere else to get me a Christmas gift...I sure hope it didn't come from Dick's. Paige needed to break away from the boys, so she and I did some more shopping while Frank and Jake went to Bass Pro. I am happy to announce I finally got a pair of jeans. And I paid full price, and did not even look at the tag, because I needed them, and they fit, and sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do. Then we went to Starbucks and had red velvet cupcakes and caramel brulee lattes...I hope the jeans will still fit!
Sunday, I made ornaments with the 10 sweetest 2 and 3 year olds around! We ate at Leiu's for lunch, then watched a cute movie..."New in Town". We capped off the weekend with Lakeside's play, "The Gospel According to Scrooge". It was so good! Another example of the body of Christ working together for one purpose. This has been a great weekend....a gift I really needed and appreciate. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad you blogged again! I have missed you! Glad you had a wonderful weekend !!