Monday, December 14, 2009

Look What I Did!

I have been a busy bee since I got home from work today! I boiled and deboned chicken breasts and made poppyseed chicken for dinner. I even used the chicken broth to make rice pilaf (ok, rice-a-roni). I made two batches of sausage balls for the kids' Christmas parties. I cooked a big package of hamburger for two more nights' dinners. I washed several loads of clothes. And then...
I made this! Three spools of ribbon, an embroidery hoop, and an hour and a half of tying bows, and voila! I read about this a month ago, and have been planning to make a couple. I learned a lot from this one. Some ribbon is easier than others to make into bows. That green glittery ribbon was very stiff and I have glitter all over me! On the next one, I need to measure how long to leave the first part when I tie to keep the bows more uniform. I started out trying to make the bows too small, and it was U G L Y at first. It may be the time and energy I put into it, but I think it's darn pretty right now! Watch out Martha Stewart!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Love it! I like the idea to use ribbon!

The Giles Family said...

Gah-lee! You were busy! You're such a fun, creative mom! I LOVE the wreath -- so cute! :)