Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Babies, Birthdays, and Graduations





We went to Bainbridge this past weekend, and it was a very eventful weekend. My nephew, Kevin, graduated from high school Friday night. He was supposed to graduate Thursday night, but graduation was rained out. I am probably the only person who was happy that graduation was rained out! I couldn't go Thursday, because graduation was at 8 pm, and I had to work Fri. It was the last day of school, and there was no way I could miss. About 7 pm Thursday, I checked the school's website, no news about cancelling graduation. I checked the local news...no news about cancelling graduation. I checked weather.com, and there was only a 10 percent chance of rain. Doggone it! But about 9:15 my sister called. I thought it was awful early for graduation to be over, and it was. They were rained out about 1/3 into the program. YAY! God made a way for me to be there! I left work a little early, and we made the long, slow ride to Bainbridge. Because graduation would be held inside, students only got 6 tickets. Frank and Jacob couldn't go, but Paige and I could. We got to Bainbridge, ate at Dairy Queen, changed in the camper in the parking lot, and made it to graduation in plenty of time. I don't know if it mattered to Kevin or not, but I sure was glad to be there. I started squalling as soon as he walked up in his cap and gown. After that, I was fine, no more tears. Paige really enjoyed seeing my old high school stomping grounds. Of course, I didn't do a lot of stomping, I was more of a tip toer. Frank was the first graduating class to graduate in the Coliseum (gym) and Kevin graduated in the same place 20 years later. We sure are getting old!

Saturday, we celebrated Frank's dad's 60th birthday with a picnic at Lake Seminole. Paige met a few of her cousins that she didn't know, including....BABY RJ! We finally got to see this sweet baby and Paige couldn't get enough of him. There are no words for how sweet he is!
(I added the pics after I typed this, and I have no idea how to get my text above the pics without retyping it. Pretend like the pics were a big surprise at the end of the post, hahaha.)

No comments: