Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweets for My Sweetie

My loyal readers (both of you) know that I'm on a diet. A for sure diet. NO sugar. Low-carbs. Trying to exercise every day and trying to drink that darn water diet. I've run (what a pun) into a problem with the exercise. I really hurt my legs on that stupid treadmill. I walked 2 1/2 miles Monday and felt mostly fine. Tuesday was nasty, so we couldn't do anything outside and I wasn't about to get back on that STUPID treadmill. Wednesday, we walked/ran again. I had to stop walking after the 9th lap (shooting for 10) because the shin pain was moving up to my knee. Wow, I had no idea how bad it was going to hurt until I got still for the night. I only walked 5 laps today. And it hurt. So. Bad. I couldn't hardly climb the steps into the house when I got home. Sooooo, I'm not sure where the walk/run thing is going. The pain is pretty much isolated to my right leg, and its right under my knee. It only hurts when I put weight on it. :)

But to get back to my original post idea, I'm on a diet, and I stick to it like glue. I'm an all or nothing person, and if I'm dieting, I do not cheat. Not even a little. If I cheat, it's over. Well, Frank is going to his first "social" event at Lakeside. They are having a Men's Ministry kick off Low Country Boil. I offered to make him a dessert to take. He is taking some friends with him, so I started thinking I should make 2 desserts. What did he pick? His two favorites, which are pretty high up on my favorites list too. Honey Bun Cake and Chocolate Delight. Oh Frank, sometimes you ask a lot of me! But I did it...with a little help from Paige. Tonight while making dinner, I also made his desserts and did not even lick a spoon. The pain in my leg kept reminding me of how hard I've worked, and that is enough incentive to stick to my diet. I've worked too hard, given up too much, to quit now.

I hope Frank is very popular around the dessert table tomorrow night. While he and his buddies are making new friends, my girl and my bestie and I will be eating our own shrimp here at the house. And hopefully watching an uber-chick flick. And oh yea, I made the two of them a chocolate pie while I was at it tonight. Sweets for the sweetest people I know...and I will eat a sugar-free ice cream bar!

No comments: