Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fantastic Friday Night

A couple of weeks ago I came to the realization that Jacob never picks out his own clothes to buy. I do all of his shopping, and if it meets his approval he will wear it. And if it doesn't, he shoves it in the back of a drawer and just keeps wearing the same things over and over. I figured that now that he is 14, and seems to finally be taking more care in his appearance (he takes a shower without being forced to now) I should offer to take him to buy a few outfits. Uh, except guys don't wear "outfits". They just wear clothes. At least that is what I was told. So Frank made a whirlwind trip to Ohio with Rickey Wedgeworth this weekend, and I decided this was a good a time as any to take Jacob shopping...for clothes, not an outfit. Jacob is not much of a shopper. We only went to one store. Target. I had to make him actually go into the clothing department...he was much more interested in showing me the video game stuff he wants for Christmas. We finally made it to the men's department. And it was quite pitiful. I offered to go somewhere, anywhere, else, but he refused. What other store was gonna have the video game stuff too? So, we perservered and he found 2 pairs of jeans and 2 shirts. He couldn't believe I made him try them on. And he refused to come out of the dressing room to show me, so I really am not sure he did actually try them on. But we got two outfits, I mean, two sets of clothing, and he was completely over the whole clothes shopping thing. Paige only stuck her lip out once because I refused to buy her a Coca Cola shirt that looked completely worn out. So all in all, it was a very successful night. The best part of the evening was the ride home. Jake's ear phones are messed up so he had to have a conversation with me. It was great! He even joined in when Paige and I were belting out "My Redeemer Lives" in true Frank Meighan fashion. What a fantastic way to spend a Friday night.

No comments: